Equinox WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Issues regarding community and server (and possible solutions)

Go down

Minor Issues regarding community and server (and possible solutions) Empty Minor Issues regarding community and server (and possible solutions)

Post by Cydran 5/4/2012, 7:35 am

Hey guys, Cyd here. Just posting this in respect for Arin and Samantha, and their work, in hope of them being more acknowledged. This isn't a post forcing you into respecting their work, but the unavailability of the server has caused some issues, some in which I would rather not name. Also, another point of discussion would involve Arin's work on the server, and keeping the team alive through all the issues. I'd just like to ask of one simple, yet optional thing, and that is for people to acknowledge Arin's and Samantha's work, as they have worked their butts off to get the server up for you guys. Don't get me wrong, I am not displeased with anybody for this, I just believe they should be given more respect and have people give feedback on their work.

Also, please note that I have been offline during the times when everyone else is on due to school, and unfortunately I cannot help that, so forgive me if this post is unnecessary. Neutral Also be advised that I was not told to post this, I am simply hoping to benefit the Head Admins so they can also handle the community without stress.

So to begin with my first point, and mind you this may be a large post, I am just going to let people know of the recent positive events that has to do with the server:

- The server is changed from repack to compiled, making things more or less easier, but it allows a bigger community and more features.
- A lot of planning has been put into the realms, and the ideas are still coming along. This planning allows a higher chance of success.
- Uptime has increased slightly, since we have found a dedicated host and it is easier to apply things to the server.

Alright, so now that you know those several points, I will now explain a much dire issue that has occurred more than once. While the server is currently 'fairly' stable, not 100%, but 'fairly', there would be times when an issue rises that causes unavailability to certain features, whether it be player or staff features. An issue that recently occurred is that the commands for a few staff ranks in-game had been bugged and unusable. The one's affected then complained to the higher ranks, or the Head Admins themselves, and they were told that they must wait until they were fixed, but then things went a little more buggy and they complained once again, resolving in a possible ban. If this issue occurs, you may let us know, but do not continue to tell us over and over. It may not be half bad to ask us the current progress in fixing the issue but, like I said, do not continue to ask us over and over.

- To summarize, there are times things will not work. Report it to us then wait it out. Things do not fix with the click of a finger most of the time, and if you are really anxious to use the bugged feature, consult me and I will take it further in mind, then hopefully produce a solution.

At the moment, that may be all. If you have any questions, comments or ideas, I am sure you can send me, Arin or Samantha a message.

Thank you for reading this, and keep the above in mind. Wink
Cydran
Cydran

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum