Equinox WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ominous || Short Story about Bleak

Go down

Ominous || Short Story about Bleak Empty Ominous || Short Story about Bleak

Post by Cydran 5/22/2012, 11:22 am

*I would just like to clarify that this story is based on Warcraft Lore and it is not intended to break any lore elements in any way.*

~~~~~~~
Ominous
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a short story based around Bleak's current dreams. As you may not know, while inside a dream, you cannot dream, therefore Bleak rarely experience these.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-----------------------
CHAPTER 1: Repercussion
-----------------------

Time past as I watched the blazing sun disappear over the mountains of Crystalsong Forest, though I saw it while in the Icecrown region, the cold air and snowflakes brushing against my skin, causing a sharp shiver through my spine. I was alone, thankfully. All I had with me was my glaive, given to me by a Night Elf that happened to save me from a 'monster', some food and drink, a pendant to remember my mother before she... well, turned evil, and a satchel to hold them all. I held my glaive on my back, usually to keep it close just in case I am confronted by a hostile. I lower my head as the thoughts flood my head, haunting me like an evil spirit, but before I could solve myself I heard footsteps behind me, then the clinkering of small metals clanking together while being inserted into a bigger object. I have never used that bigger object myself but I knew straight away that someone had a rifle cocked towards me, "Don' say a word, ye' pointed ear'd bugge'." It sounded like a Dwarf, but despite his height (being about my height, as a child), I knew that if I moved a muscle without him telling me, he would blow my head clean off my shoulders, "Ge' to ye' fee' 'nd come wit' me." I slowly get to my feet and raise my hands to show him I will not rebel. I slowly turn around to look at his beardy face, mail plate armor and violent rifle pointed towards me. He slowly steps back, keeping his narrowed eyes locked onto me, I follow him cautiously with my arms upraised, even though my glaive is still sheathed on my back. I blindly walked in front of him, not knowing where we were going, but soon I knew.. there was an alliance camp entrenched deep within a mountain. Some time ago, I was taken to Stormwind City by a Night Elf, but she betrayed me when she handed me into King Varian, and he cut out one of my eyes. Luckily, it was reproduced from magic and it is almost the same as before. As we walked towards the gates, the dwarf gave a wave to the guards as he lowers his gun, then I realize I was doomed to imprisonment or death, no matter what. I was thrown into a small hut where a warlock was waiting for me, but I was amazed they left me alone with this defenseless man. I narrowed my eyes at him, the intention of attacking him far from my mind, but I was confused, and scared. He pounced at me crazily as he wraps his fingers around my neck, glaring directly into my eyes as a dark shadow enveloped me, causing me to lose consciousness of all surroundings. I entered a dark, and scary dream. Demons, ghouls, imps... all which were entering a portal, and I had a strange feeling it was the Dark Portal to Azeroth. I had barely studied this specific army, but I knew that it was The Burning Legion. No other army could look so cruel, so evil, and so deadly. I felt the fingers clench my neck again as I was quickly turned around from my perch on the red hill, then an orc was glaring me in the eyes, much like the warlock. He was a red orc, a Fel Orc. For a second, I saw his fist being flung back, prepared to knock me out, then a second later, extreme pain, then nothing...

------------------
CHAPTER 2: Eternal
------------------

I literally saw nothing but darkness for a few moments, but it felt like I was sleeping, or unconscious at least. I saw a flash of light as my vision slowly regained itself, then I noticed the warlock was standing directly in front of me, staring at me. His hands were lowered and he finished casting the spell, then he bowed his head with a grin, "You are confused, yes?" I nodded weakly and nervously, still unsure about what just happened. He turned and picked up a vial from the table, swirling the liquid around before placing it back down, "The Fel Orcs beyond the Dark Portal are ever growing, and we could not risk sending our own men in. Luckily we found you." He let out another grin as he grabbed my chin, I tried to push him away but I realized my hands and feet were paralyzed, "Don't get me wrong, girl, I am not an evil warlock. I have nothing against you, I am just doing what I am ordered to keep my life." He let go of my chin and walked out of the tent, leaving me imprisoned in the cold, dark shelter. I wanted to cry, honestly... why does this keep happening to me? I heard muttering outside the tent as an Alliance Commander barged through the opening, wearing his yellow, honored Alliance armor and a shield on his back and sword at his side. He knelt down in front of me and gave me a warm smile, though it confused me, seeming as though I was their enemy, "I am surprised you haven't began to scream and struggle, little girl. You served us well, though it wasn't in your will." He stood up, drawing his sword as he held it to my stomach. He showed a sharp grin as he pushed his sword into my stomach softly, causing a small wound I would imagine, then he would force it in until the blade pointed out of my backside. I didn't let out a scream, nor did I move, I just froze silently. The sword was dragged out of my stomach and the paralyzation that was holding me upright collapsed, causing me to fall to the ground as blood spurted from my chest. The darkness arrived again, and soon I saw nothing but black.

---------------
CHAPTER 3: Fake
---------------

I forced myself to sit up, shock filled me before I felt the dead cold air outside. I think it was just a dream... but then I heard the footsteps once again. Was it possibly a vision? I reached for my glaive, but it was nowhere in sight. A dark shadow slowly formed in front of the tent, but as the body appeared, my fear had drained and was replaced by relief, "Bleak? Is that you?" I got up in surprise, realizing it was my mother... my... 'new' mother. I jumped towards her and hugged her tightly, excited to see her, "Mother! Why are you here?" She giggled, wrapping me in her arms, "Can I not find my own daughter in Icecrown with a cold tent and no blankets?" She let out a smirk as I slightly frowned, "Oh, please my dear, I was kidding." I giggled aswell, glancing towards my resting spot, which was a rug my mother had let me borrow. I glanced back at her, and I knew she had seen the rug, "You said you have blankets, why aren't you using them?" I lowered my head nervously, and she crossed her arms, but she knelt down and pulled me close to her with a smile, "Are you cold?" I shaked my head, but she hugged me tightly. I knew my skin was dead cold, it is nearly impossible to admit that it was cold. We stood there for a while as I hugged her tightly and she wrapped her warm clothes around me. I blinked at her for a second as a thought entered my mind, "How did you find me, anyway?" She grinned as she got me to my feet, "I know everything, Bleak." I nodded gullibly as she led me outside, heading towards somewhere safer... and warmer.

*The End*
Cydran
Cydran

Back to top Go down