Equinox WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present

Go down

Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present Empty Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present

Post by Cydran 4/24/2012, 10:28 pm

*I would just like to clarify that this story is based on Warcraft Lore and it is not intended to break any lore elements in any way. Some events may have not been included in this story, that is due to the fact that I have forgotten them, or they were too dire to admit.*

~~~~~~
Bleak
~~~~~~

Currently
-----------
Full Name: Bleak MoonDancer
Age: 11 (In Human Years, though she is unborn, therefore she would not age)
Race: Blood Elf Unborn

--------
Prologue
--------

Through all the mists of my past, I tell you this story of myself. As you know, the land in which we live on is known as Azeroth, though the land in which I live on is a Dream, and a safe one at that. At this current moment of speaking, I am a member of the MoonDancers, even through all the trouble I have caused in the past, but now it is time for me to talk of that...

--------------------------
Chapter One: The Beginning
--------------------------

The youngest memory that I have right now is of my blood-soaked mother, my first mother, fighting to defend myself from the Scourge in Icecrown when I was very young. Of course, they were after my mother aswell, but she was fighting for me. I remember a Night Elf, who happened to be travelling by, spotted us and rescued me. Though she was desperate to save me, she couldn't arrive in time to help my mother. The Night Elf, or Keldorei in their tongue, conjured an arcane portal to the Alliance home city, Stormwind. At the time I did not know how hostile the Alliance was towards the Horde, in fact, I did not know of the Alliance. My mother had always been very protective and make excuses when we were attacked. The Night Elf picked me up in her arms and quickly stepped through the portal, and just before it closes, I see my mother being overrun by the Scourge, luckily there was not enough time before the portal closed to hear her stomach-trembling screams. I was carried to the Stormwind Keep, since the Night Elf knew that it is treason to keep a member of the Horde hidden among the Alliance, innocent or not. As we proceeded up the sloped hallway of the Keep, a weary silence fills it's corridors as this Night Elf carries me to King Varian Wyrnn, leader of the Alliance. I am placed on the floor directly in front of him, as I do not have the strength to stand. My vision and senses begin to fade while the ice cold floor pricks against my body, I make out Varian's words while the Night Elf kneels before him, "What have you brought into this city, Keldorei?" He glances down at me, a mad grin forming on his face, "A Blood Elf child? And where did you find this little girl?" He kneels down, brushing my hair with his plate glove to get a better look at my face, he then stands back up and cackles, "Take her to the Stockades, she will be a prisoner... I have a few things in mind for her." Last thing I knew, one of the King's royal guards slammed his heavy boot down upon my face, completely knocking me unconcious.

---------------------
Chapter Two: The Pain
---------------------

I awoke chained to a corner of a Stockade's prison cell. Two Alliance guards stood in the doorway, awaiting their orders, or awaiting for me to try and escape, though I knew I didn't have the power. Suddenly they stood aside, then a dark figure stepped in, though I still noticed the crazy grin on his face. In his hand was a sharp dagger, though the blade was curved and metal sharps leaned back towards the handle. He approached me quickly and kneeled in front of me. His cold, blood chilling glove gripped around my neck as he lifted the dagger towards my face, cackling as he slowly pressed it beneath my right eye, slowly dragging it up to the point where it was almost like he was skinning me. The pain came before the action, but he pressed the blade directly underneath my eyeball, then slowly dug it under. I screamed in pain and tried kicking at him, but that had only made the pain more unbearable. Not going into details, but he has cut out my eyeball like it was a plant. I was left there in pain, blood creating a puddle beneath me, then before I knew it I heard yelling and sudden orders, then blades scraping together, then once again I was lifted up as I lost all sense of the surrounding. I guess someone for as young as me back then, the pain was too much for me. As everything slowly faded to black, I dreamt. It was not a pleasent dream, but I saw my mother, laying where she had fought against the Scourge to save me, but she had a blue glow around her eyes... as I slowly walked towards her, and stared at the glow, her eyes suddenly opened, then a frightening chill spread through my spine as she stood up, her skin growing pale and even her blade growing dark with power. As she walks towards me with a grin, she opens her arms as if for a hug, "Come to me, my love... come to your mother." I turned and ran, knowing the first of the infection that was soon to corrupt her. As I trip on an overgrown root, my head collides with the ground heavily, but then I wake up, seeing an intense glow in one eye, then the Sindorei-styled roof in the other. I felt a soft hand rest on my chest as I am pushed down, almost bursting up in fear from the dream, then once my senses came back, I realized that it was a female Blood Elf, older than me, but she has her hand resting over my eye, holy wisps being casted into it, "Stay down, my dear. Your eye is severly hurt and I cannot allow you to move until you have recovered." The voice was very sweet and calm, but I realized that I was home, and that I was being cared for.
Cydran
Cydran

Back to top Go down

Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present Empty Re: Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present

Post by Cydran 4/24/2012, 10:30 pm

-------------------
Chapter Three: Love
-------------------

I stayed in a laying down position, to help my eye get healed. I was told that it was a miracle that they could get me to a priest so quickly that my eye socket was in a good state to create a whole new eyeball. I was placed in a clean, warm and comfortable room while I recovered. I had to lay with my head in the same position for days, but the citizens of the city had heard about what had happened and came and visited me, even if they didn't know me. They sat beside me and gave me gifts. It felt warming to my heart. But then one boy began visiting... He was young, fit, strong and he acted as a gentlemen. At first I did not know his name, until one day he must have seen my curiousity and so he sat on my bed with a kind smile on his face, "My name is Werken, if you were wondering." He let out a light chuckle, and I let out a small giggle. Even through all the healing, I still have not regained my strength, even up to half it's original extent. My bodies energies were focusing on healing my eye more than anything else. I opened my mouth to speak, but then he pressed his finger against my lips, "Please, do not speak, you need to heal. I know your name, Bleak." I blushed. The entire city must know of the events that happened at Stormwind. I noticed the female Priest that has been tending to me appears in the doorway, giving a kind smile, "Oh, hello Werken. I need to talk to Bleak for a few moments, can you come back in ten minutes?" He nodded kindly to her and walked off, though he left something bright red on the side table next to me. The Priest walked towards me with a smile and kneeled next to me, brushing the hair away from my face, "How you been, my dear? It will only be a few more days and you can get up and move..." She smiled deeply at me, though she noticed I wasn't too satisfied. Honestly, I wasn't. I should have been weeping with joy that I can finally move again after these past few months, though something inside told me that it is pointless to move on. What do I have to move on to? Was the vision of my mother true? Did she really turn into a monster? I cannot go back to her, it would be too dangerous. The Priest gave me a loving kiss on the forehead, "It will be okay, sweety. We will take care of you." She slowly hopped back up and walked off, then as she disappeared through the doorway, I tried to see what the bright red object was on the side table, but then Werken appeared through the doorway and began walking to my side.

------------------------
Chapter Four: Loneliness
------------------------

The few days past slowly, with Werken and the Priest the only one's that visit me anymore. Though the day to regain my strength had finally came as I was put to rest so the Priest can check my eye. I had another dream, but it felt more like a vision. It was my mother again, in Icecrown still... though she was still fighting off the Scourge. She had darker armor, more death-like. Then when she turned around, her glowing blue eyes invited themselves into my mind as it haunts me. I felt a blade being pierced through my chest, though I knew it was only the dream. I awoke in fright as I sat up, this time the Priest did not hold me down, but instead she was sitting next to me with a smile. On the other side of my bed, Werken was sitting, also with a smile. I was confused, not knowing what to say, but then I suddenly realized... my vision... it was back! I could see out of my right eye again, my eye had healed. My face lit up as I hugged Werken unexpectantly, but I was just filled with so much happiness that they were here. He hugged me back with a chuckle, then the Priest helped me get up as I was led outside for some fresh air. Just as I take my first step out into the cold, chilling breaze, we all know something is amist. We notice a thunderstorm forming some distance away from the city of Silvermoon, but it was none like no other. Someone, or something was powering it, it sped towards the city with great speed. It was so close now that I had to block my ears from the thunder (I did not like storms, never have). I was rushed inside, convinced that whatever was powering the storm was coming for a reason, and that it would be safer to hide inside. Rain begin to pelt down outside as we rushed back into my medical room, the storm now almost overhead the city, thunder raged outside and the cold was now chilling to the bone, almost unbearable. We heard a loud crash, and felt the shockwave through the ground as we all stumbled off our feet, slamming to the floor as I heard light footsteps outside the room. By the time we all got to our feet, the one that had brought the storm, the cold, the fear and the pain with her, was a Blood Elf much like the one's in this city, though she had dark blue hair, shadowy armour, a rune blade and... blue glowing eyes. It was my mother! Had she... turned into a Death Knight, I thought. I didn't know much about them, but without a word, and with all of us striken with fear, she approached me with a fast pace. The medical bed seperated the Priest and Werken from me, and they didn't have time to save me before my mother's cold plate glove gripped around my neck. Darkness surrounded me and her, though she was still plain in my sight, she could see the fear in my eyes, and she fed upon it. I felt like the darkness was inside me, filling every inch of my body, and then, once again, my vision faded as her arms enveloped me. I felt nothing but pain afterwards... darkness and pain.

Cydran
Cydran

Back to top Go down

Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present Empty Re: Bleak || An In-Character story from youngest memory to present

Post by Cydran 4/28/2012, 10:34 am

-------------------
Chapter Five: Dread
-------------------

I saw a light fade in as I felt my mother's arms retract from me. I gasp for air as the pain slowly drifts away and I realize I was in an dark, depressing, abandoned house with my mother standing in front of me. At the time I hardly recognized what she became, but I still knew that she changed and I can hardly trust her. She kneels down in front of me and lifts up my chin, staring into my eyes as her dark power feeds from my attention. She leans in and kisses my forehead softly, then lifts me to my feet and pats my head, "Soon, my dear. Soon you will know this power which I have obtained, and we shall obliterate these lands." I would petrified, striken with fear. But then I realized that I began moving, but under my mother's will. I followed her to the chilling land outside, my cold, numb bare feet hardly twitching on the snow, but no matter how much I try to pull my body back into the warmth of the building, my mother's will disallowed me. My entire body was pale, but my mother forced me to walk alongside her on the snowy cliffs of what now seemed to be Icecrown. I saw ghouls and undead in the distance, and my mother seemed vigilant when we came in their view. Though she forced me to walk beside her in front of the undead as she raised her Rune Blade, "My minions, feast upon this young girl. Make her into what I am so we can rule Azeroth together!". I tried to gasp in terror, but my mother's will remained with control over me, even when the ghouls and undead began charging at me. I wanted to cry, I wanted to weep and beg for mercy. I did not want to turn into the foul beast my mother had been turned into, but then a flash of light concealed me as I heard blades being slammed together and grunts of both living and dead. It could not have possibly been the Blood Elves of Silvermoon as they would have no idea where I am. Also, I am sure I heard the yells of a Human, ordering the undead to be attacked and for whatever had protected me to transport me to safety. I felt warm, caring hands enclose me as the only thing I heard was the panting of a female, who had been carrying me, and the distant battle that had been occuring behind us. Slowly, but surely, I begin to regain control of my body, and I could finally cry the tears that I wish I had cried a few minutes ago. I was put on a cold dirt ground, then someone wrapped a blanket over me and held me close, trying to both comfort me and to keep me warm, though they must have seen my tears, "It is okay, my love, you are safe, we will not harm you." I felt my face dig into whomever was comforting me's shoulder. I thought about all that I have been through, and now my mother was hunting me, wanting to turn me into a monster. I heard close footsteps as my heart begins to race, I heard a sword being drawn from the one whom was holding me, but then I heard a human voice, "It is okay, Yisena, it is just me." I decided to uncover my face from her shoulder, and look up at the human. The fear must have still been in my eyes, as he replied calmly, "You are alright now, girl. Though you are a child of the Horde, we have heart and will not harm you. Tell me, was that your mother back there?" I slowly nodded my head. It hardly mattered what I telled them -- They are protecting me and I don't want to go back to my mother. He nodded back as a reply and turned, though I couldn't help but notice the light that seemed to emit from his white and yellow armor. His sword glimmering with recently sharpened steel and his shield seeming to be blessed by a god. The one that had been holding me was a Night Elf with white hair, brown and green armor with leaves encoated over the shoulderplate and robes. She wore a circlet on her head with a symbol of a moon attached to it, she looked like a druid, and so did the Human look like a Paladin. I heard some more footsteps outside and the human engaging in conversations, seeming to be more people in their group. I was hugged tightly, the Night Elf not yet speaking a word, but I still felt the warmth of care as she holds me.

------------------
Chapter Six: Fear
------------------

After awhile, I introduced myself and told her what happened back at Silvermoon. The Night Elf then went along and told it to her fellow adventurers while I put on some new, warm clothes that she happily gave to me. As I walked out, dressed in a blue robe stylized with golden stripes, some of the other adventurers looked weary and untrustworthy towards me, though I looked harmless and confused. As soon as they heard my story, they were more settled as they approached me. There was one rather dark and sharp human who looked as if he was a rogue, he bowed towards me and introduced himself, "Hello, little miss. I am Alesis, and while I hardly trust your kind, I will refrain from putting a dagger in your backside" He gave me a sly grin as a tall, curvy draenei shoved past him and kneeled down to look me in the eyes with a kind smile, "Hello!" I cringed from the bright and surprising greeting, but she giggled at my weariness, "I am Senna, but you can call me Sen if you want. You look cute and beautiful, but your name..." She blinks curiously, but before I can lift my lips to answer, she begins again, "Oh! And don't worry about Alesis back there.." She leans in closer and whispers in my ear, "He is abit selfish if you ask me" I look back at her confusingly, but she returns with a smile as she gets up and walks to a tent. I felt a hand on my shoulder, then I realize it is the Night Elf, "Bleak, I am Yisena, and the human that had led the attack to save you is Cidaran. We were passing through when we saw the Scourge in a formation, but they seemed to be waiting for you and your mother. We sensed your resistance so we came in and rescued you. You can travel with us for the time being, while you find your home again?" She gave me a warm smile, and she seemed like the only one I can trust, other than Senna. I looked towards the group of adventurers, wondering if it is a good idea to trust the Alliance. After all, I was betrayed the last time I did, but these looked like they were not from the city. They looked as if they have been everywhere, slain great monsters and caused fear into the merciless. Was it a trap? I looked back at Yisena, the curiousity still in my eyes, "I-I guess so...". She let out a small laugh, rubbing my back, "You will be alright here, I'll make sure you are safe always and that your mother does not come and try to claim you again. Now go sleep, you've had a rough day, I am guessing" I nodded, quite amazed someone would have noticed the trouble I just went through. I don't know about the other adventurers, but I had a feeling I can trust Yisena. I turned around and walked towards the tent, the cackling of the adventurers echoed in the air behind me as I heard them joke about the Scourge. Guess they've been in dangerous places, so they are no longer scared of them... what will the future hold if I stay with them? I needed someone close to my heart. Someone who will always take care of me and watch over me... who will it be?
Cydran
Cydran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cydran 5/10/2012, 4:15 am

-------------------
Chapter Seven: Hope
-------------------

I woke up to the sound of blades clashing and skin being ripped into, my sub-concious still not active before I realized that there was a battle outside. I stumbled to my feet when I thought I could smell something burning, but as I got up, someone appeared at the entrance of the tent. It was Senna, and she had a fireball in her hand ready. But before she could open her lips, a ghoul jumped on her back, and they both went tumbling to the ground. I ran towards them, not sure what I am going to do, but before I could reach them the entire tent lit up with flames as the fireball touched the cloth of the tent. Senna was dragged out by the ghoul, its intentions not being to kill itself by the fire, but I began coughing and spluttering loudly as smoke filled the air, then the tent collapsed on me. I could feel the harsh heat closing in on me, but not then touching me. Most of my body was covered in ash and I could hardly breath, it was also hard to get the tent off me, but I still could not attempt it. I felt darkness, once again, close in on me before a bright light destroyed it all. Oxygen filled my lungs as I was dragged out into the open, the groaning of living and dead together. I was confused... who had dragged me out? Then I felt her presence. I was lifted up into her soft arms and embraced by her care. She carried me into the frosty plains of this land, but as time went by, I began to realize what evil had come upon her. I knew it was my mother carrying me, and I knew she still had her intentions, but I was too weak to move, and I began to drift off into a deep rest. I threw myself out of my tired mind and pushed against her as her arms released me. I fell to the snow below as we both grunted from my actions, but I got up and began running away. I expected her to be upon me within seconds, then pull me back, but I continued running until I saw a glimpse of light from a torch, then as I got closer, Senna spotted me then pointed to me as the others saw me aswell.
Cydran
Cydran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down